Search This Blog

Best Online Videos for Cats to Watch

A few days ago, I was playing video games when my cat, Ziggy, rushed into the room and started swatting madly at the screen. After discovering my cat's affinity for TV, I made a point of tracking down all the best videos for cats I could find on the internet in hopes of entertaining my kitty. His reactions to each video ranged from indifferent to obsessive. I noted his reaction to each one and made a list of his favorites. While I can't predict every cat's reaction, here are Ziggy's favorites.
YouTube user uploaded this video of a birdfeeder at his own home. My cat had the most animated reaction to this one. He chirped at the screen, swatted it, bit it, and looked behind it to try to figure out where the birds were going. The combination of sights and sounds in this video apparently makes for the best reactions from kitty-kind.
My cat's reaction to this movie was dramatic and charming. He watched it very attentively, crouching as if poised to strike. He swatted at the screen several times and continuously rubbed his face against my computer. At one point, he took off and ran to the other side of the room, where it looked like one of the birds had flown to.
This high-definition movie caught my cat's attention and maintained it for several minutes. As with his favorite birdie videos, he swatted at the screen and frantically looked to see where the birds were going. He seemed to actually recognize the birds as food or something like it-- he drooled excessively while he crouched in wait of his digital prey.
This one entertained my kitty the whole way through. The chickadees in the videos have quick motions that attract a cat's attention and the birdsong in the background seems to be more alluring for a cat than the other videos. Although it wasn't my cat's top favorite, it made its way solidly onto his top five list.
There were several fish videos in this series, but, for some reason, this was the only one that my cat liked. Although this didn't make my cat as frantic or excited as the bird videos, he found it relaxingly enjoyable to watch-- much like a good TV show. He watched it for the full thirty minutes but never swatted at the screen. This one's great to leave on for a while to stimulate your cat without driving him bonkers.
Many cats enjoy watching movies on LCD screens, and these videos can be a fun way to amuse your cat-- and yourself. By sharing these videos for cats with your own feline friend, you can introduce something new and exciting to your pal's life. 

1 comment: